Sharing files to anyone who doesn’t have access to EisenVault DMS is possible now, anyone can preview the files and download just share one link, via email, Facebook, Twitter, and Google, and for the folder, a public link generated and that is accessible to download.
1. In the Document Library find the file you want to share.
2. Click on share, a new public link is generated and that link is for the non-DMS user, anyone can view and download the who has access to that URL-link. Only Admin, Manager, and Collaborator have access to generate this link.
3. Click the icon that represents how you want to share the link.
Tip: The View action lets you preview the file to ensure it is the content you want to share.
Note: You can also copy the link and paste it wherever you like, such as an email or document. When you select a sharing option, a page relevant to your selection displays. Public Link only activated to 90 days.
When you don’t want your publicly shared file to be available anymore, you can break the link. Once you make the link invalid, anyone who tries to access it will be unable to reach the public page.
Find the file you previously shared.
1. In the Document Library find the folder you want to share.
2. Click on make public, it will ask you the number of days that link will active and a new public link is generated and visible on the folder.
3. Copy the link and share it via email or any mode of transfer.
NOTE: The link will auto-deactivate after the number of days you give in a time of generating.